- 12th December saw the 2016 YouTube Brandcast, hosted by James Corden, take place at ExCeL London. Blinding Light were proud to have been involved in the high profile and innovative event, produced by live experience agency SET Live.
- Blinding Light worked closely with lighting designer Simon Grant from SGLD and SET Live’s production team to realise a unique set design that incorporated over 300 Intermediate Bulk Carriers (IBC’s) internally lit with custom built RGBW LED battens.
- The brief stated that all IBC’s were to be internally lit with even and saturated colours that were all fully controllable. Blinding Light supplied 80 of their proprietary Type 4 LED power supplies which meant that all PSU and control were kept separate from the IBCs.
- Simon designed a fantastic looking lighting rig for the main show and party areas made up of Martin Mac Aura XB, Mac Viper, Ayrton Magic Panels, Clay Paky B-Eyes, Clay Paky Stormy CC Strobes, ETC Source Fours and Selecon & Arri Fresnels.
- All lighting was controlled via three networked Grand MA2 Light Lighting Consoles. Crew Chief John Nowell headed up the 16-strong lighting team and worked closely with Blinding Light’s project management team to deliver this event.
- Blinding Light also suppled power and mains distribution for all technical departments plus production and catering supplies, all completed with BS7909 electrical sign off in line with current regulations.
Martin Mac Viper & Aura XB
Clay Paky K20 B-Eye
Clay Paky Storm CC
Aryton Magic Panel
Arri 2k Fresnel
Selecon Rama 1.2k Fresnel
Custom RGBW LED Battens
Grand MA2 Light Console
Mains distribution for all departments
BS7909 Electrical Sign off
Full Health & Safety Documentation in line with CDM Regulations